Getting your first aquarium is always special. You’re excited about the prospect of bringing the beauty of aquatic nature into your own space. You have every right to be excited. But, when it comes to picking your first aquarium tank, you may be surprised when you discover the best and safest way to go. Here are some of the best fish tank kits.
Tetra 20 Gallon Complete Aquarium Kit
This all-in-one aquarium kit from Tetra comes with a 20-gallon glass aquarium, an LED hood, a Whisper 20 filter, Tetra HT 20 heater, and several artificial aquarium plants.
Available in four different sizes ranging from 10 gallons to 55 gallons and it comes with additional accessories such as a digital thermometer, fish net, water conditioner, filter media, and more.
- Includes all necessary equipment to get started
- Energy-saving LED lights produce a shimmering effect
- Heater maintains proper temperature
- Sturdy glass aquarium
- Covered by lifestyle warranty
- Filter could be stronger (but not an issue if you require low-flow)
- Tetra Aquarium 20 Gallon Fish Tank Kit, Includes LED Lighting and Decor
Marina LED Aquarium Kit
Available in 5, 10, and 20-gallon sizes, the Marina LED Aquarium Kit is a great buy for anyone getting started in the aquarium hobby. This kit features a glass aquarium with a clip-on filter complete with quick-change filter cartridges. It also comes with an LED lighting module incorporated directly into the hood as well as a net, thermometer, water conditioner, biological supplement, and fish food.
- Clip-on filter with quick-change filter cartridges
- Sturdy glass tank
- Water conditioner and biological supplement included
- Energy-efficient LED lighting in the hood
- Not available in sizes over 20 gallons
- Doesn’t include heater
- Marina Aquarium Kit – 20 gallon Fish Tank – LED
SeaClear 20-50 Gallon Acrylic Aquarium Kit
This aquarium kit may not be as comprehensive as some of the others on the market, it features an acrylic aquarium which is much stronger and more impact-resistant than a glass tank. Available in sizes ranging from 20 gallons to 50 gallons, this kit comes with a 24-inch light fixture and reflector as well as a colored backdrop.
- Acrylic tank is much stronger than glass
- Light fixture and reflector included
- Available in multiple sizes up to 50 gallons
- No heater or filter
- SeaClear 50 gal Acrylic Aquarium Combo Set, 36 by 15 by 20′, Clear
Aqueon Deluxe LED Bow Front Aquarium Kit
With its unique bowfront design, this Aqueon Deluxe LED aquarium kit will show off your fish to their best advantage. Available in 16-, 26-, and 36-gallon sizes, this aquarium kit features a glass tank with a curved front panel as well as a low-profile LED hood, power filter, and submersible heater. It also comes with additional accessories such as a net, food sample, and water conditioner sample.
- Includes everything you need to get started
- Low-profile LED lights are energy-efficient and long lasting
- Hood cannot accommodate lights other than LED
- Aq LED Kit 26 Bow Blk
Fluval Edge Aquarium with LED Light
Uniquely designed to hide tank equipment and wiring, the Fluval Edge Aquarium kit is a very attractive option. This kit includes a six-sided glass aquarium for 360-degree viewing as well as an LED light fixture, Fluval power filter, and all required filter media. The tank looks great, runs quietly, and is very easy to set up and maintain.
- Unique and compact design
- Equipment and wiring is hidden in the column
- Easy to set up and maintain
- Quiet running
- 360-degree viewing
- Not a complete kit
- Lid can make cleaning a bit tricky
These are some of the best fish tank kits for beginners.